Identifying a problem is the first step toward solving it. That’s why Lincoln offers a broad menu of analytical regimens to identify composition, characteristics, environmental stability, and product consistency.
We offer analyses including:
- High-Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) - this reveals the specific chemical composition of a sample, and critical weaknesses in finished products or batch consistency.
- Infrared Absorption (FTIR) - Fourier-Transform Infrared Spectroscopy (FTIR) analysis reveals the infrared spectrum absorption of ingredients and end-products, and collects high-resolution data over a wide spectral range. A significant improvement over dispersive spectrometry that only measures narrow ranges of wavelengths at a time, FTIR analysis reveals inconsistencies in batch runs, and plays a key role in diagnosing manufacturing or microbial problems.
- Refractive Index testing - Refractive Index (RI) helps customers render clear emulsions to meet market expectations of product appearance, luster, reflectivity, or light absorption.
- Melting Point - Melting point testing ensures reliable cosmetic performance in a required range of temperatures so products meet consumers’ expectations of physical consistency.
- Titration - Titration testing reveals the chemical makeup of a sample to reverse-engineer lost formulations. Lincoln’s Innovation Lab is equipped for acid-base, complexometric, redox, and precipitation titration testing.
- Specific Gravity - Lincoln MFG-USA® offers specific gravity testing to ensure ingredient and end-product stability, and to help producers plan packaging requirements.
- Viscosity and solids testing - Lincoln’s viscosity and solids testing ensures products meet expectations for consistency, quality, and feel.