The Cleangredients symbol shows ingredients have passed the EPA’s stringent ‘Safer Choice’ evaluation standard. It tells consumers this product is safe for their family, pets, and the environment.
This badge is only awarded after passing independent review and verification by third-party experts.
EPA Safer Choice
The Environmental Protection Agency’s ‘Safer Choice’ helps consumers, businesses, and purchasers find products that perform well and are safe for human health and the environment.
Formerly known as DfE's Standard for Safer Products, it identifies the requirements that ingredients must meet to earn the Safer Choice label.
Good Manufacturing Practice
Good Manufacturing Practice regulations promulgated by the US Food and Drug Administration under the authority of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act have the force of law, and require that manufacturers, processors, and packagers of drugs, medical devices, some food, and blood take proactive steps to ensure that their products are safe, pure, and effective.
Made in the USA
The people of Lincoln MFG-USA® have benefitted from freedom, support, and economic mobility in the United States of America. All our products are made domestically to provide Lincoln staff with safe, well-paying jobs, and training for upward mobility.
Creating economic opportunity for Americans is the responsibility of every American, and we are proud to do our part.
Natural Products Association
The Natural Products Association is the leading trade association for dietary supplements, natural health & sports nutrition, medical & functional foods, probiotics, and natural personal/home care products.
Not tested on animals
This symbol means that neither the finished product nor any of its ingredients have been tested on animals. Furthermore, it must not contain any ingredients derived specifically from killing an animal or provided as a by-product from killed animals.
USDA organic products must meet the following production and labeling requirements:
- Produced without excluded methods, (e.g., genetic engineering, ionizing radiation, or sewage sludge)
- Produced using allowed substances
- Overseen by a USDA National Organic Program-authorized certifying agent, following all USDA organic regulations
Whole Foods Eco-Scale
- Whole Foods’s Eco-Scale rating system is the first cleaning-products standard of any retailer, and the most comprehensive standards of any "green cleaners" standards-setting group. Third-party agencies evaluate each product for environmental impact, safety, source and animal testing.
- A green Eco-Scale rating requires:
- Independent 3rd party verified compliance to standards
- No ingredients with significant environmental or safety concerns
- No formaldehyde-donors, preservatives which have the potential to release formaldehyde
- No phosphates, chlorine, or synthetic colors
- No animal testing
- 100% natural fragrances
- No ingredients with moderate environmental or safety concerns
- No DEA, MEA or TEA—surfactants that have the potential to contain nitrosamines and other impurities
- No synthetic, petroleum-derived thickeners made from nonrenewable sources
- Plant- and mineral-derived ingredients
- No petroleum- derived ingredients
Whole Foods Listed
Clean label is a consumer-driven movement demanding a return to real food and transparency through authenticity. Food products containing natural, familiar, simple ingredients that are easy to recognize, understand, and pronounce. No artificial ingredients or synthetic chemicals.